We’re looking for someone who dreams of implementing new CI/CD pipelines, loves to jump into an ubuntu shell, has an eye for improving technical processes and making colleagues’ jobs run more smoothly. If that sounds like you, you just might be the right fit for Nebo’s DevOps engineer role.
Life on Nebo’s engineering team usually looks like using the art of code to solve problems and build solutions for clients and coworkers alike. We don’t get hung up on what hasn’t been done — we’re all about what we can do. Simply put, our engineering team gets things done. We’re looking for driven teammates who are ready to jump in and do the same.
Our ideal match would be someone with 2-5 years of professional DevOps experience and a computer science degree or equivalent experience.
About the Position:
As a DevOps Engineer, you’d be joining our Back-End Engineering team, and would perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Configuring and maintaining web servers on a variety of platforms
- Assisting with code deployments
- Documenting processes
- Supporting other engineers with configuration and setup tasks
- Facilitating improvements in our engineering processes
- Promoting development and security best practices
- Communicating with clients and other internal teams regarding technical concerns
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Git / GitLab
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- 2+ years of DevOps or SysAdmin experience in a unix environment
- Experience with an object-oriented, back-end web development language (PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc)
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid track record of server configuration work
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Experience with E-commerce platforms (Magento, Shopify, etc)
- Experience with security best practices
- Team leadership experience
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.