Php / Wordpress Engineer
PHP and Content Management Systems like WordPress drive more than 40% of sites today. At Nebo, we want to make the most of PHP and WordPress to build unique, custom experiences that solve our clients’ needs and provide great experiences for people who visit their websites. This means going beyond standard theming and component plugins to building bespoke, flexible, elegant systems that bring our team’s designs and content to life.
We’re a human-centered team that believes collaboration and communication are core to not only producing great work, but to having a good time getting it done, and we view our Engineering team as a crucial part of every project, involved from Day One about any major decisions. Be ready to participate in planning and internal reviews with your team for client projects, as well as building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments.
We believe in doing great work our own way, and are always looking for innovators and new ideas on how we can work better, more efficiently, and more enjoyably. When we aren’t writing code, we’re talking about it and spending time growing as a team, whether that means goal and career planning or taking time out of the day for team events.
Nebo is a human-centered agency built on a culture of respect, professional growth and care for everyone who works here. We offer hybrid in-office/remote work or fully remote work options designed to fit your needs, super flexible PTO, training stipends, and more.
We’re looking for someone with 2+ years of professional software experience and a computer science degree or equivalent experience.
About the Position:
As a PHP/WordPress Developer, you’ll be joining our Back-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks, including:
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working with and developing CMS back-ends
- Maintaining and developing new features for existing web applications/websites
- Building complex web applications either from scratch or within existing frameworks
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo departments
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and maintained by our team!)
- 2+ years of PHP web development experience
- Understanding of WordPress architecture and best practices
- Experience with creating and customizing WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid portfolio demonstrating back-end web application/website development capability
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Experience with Drupal 9 or e-commerce platforms (Magento, osCommerce, Shopify, etc)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with server configuration and DevOps
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our community and advancing society through inclusive business practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status.
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 23 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Atlanta, GA