Business Development Director
Business Development Director
About Ovative Group:
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role:
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
The Business Development/Marketing team at Ovative is responsible for building brand credibility with new prospective decision markets, nurturing relationships with Ovative’s warm network, establishing a best-in-class deal management capability, and unlocking market and growth insights to inform revenue and resource decisions. The Business Development Director will play an integral role in bringing this vision to life, closing new business, and helping Ovative surpass its long-term growth goals.
Our approach to business development at Ovative is unique from other traditional sales teams. We take a hands-on leadership approach throughout the sales process, partnering effectively with subject-matter experts at key points in the engagement, informing and refining our offering and positioning, and managing the end-to-end sales process internally and externally. Team members provide an unprecedented level of support to one another throughout the sales process, fostering learning, collaboration, and better outcomes on every deal.
The Ovative Business Development Director position is an opportunity for an external hire or Ovative employee to have a direct impact at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, performance, and culture. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of driving growth, demonstrates strategic, structured thinking, self-motivation, working knowledge of the media, consulting, and measurement landscapes, and an entrepreneurial mindset. This is a high visibility role within Ovative, and an excellent opportunity to directly impact the growth strategy of this company.
- Lead high impact, cross-functional deals, working with internal media, measurement, and consulting business leaders, and external marketing, media, strategy, analytics, product, finance, and procurement leaders. Deal focus will include:
- New logo deals (business new to Ovative) across verticals
- Client expansion deals (new business on current client accounts) across verticals
- Represent and evangelize Ovative’s unique value proposition to C-level executives and senior management in prospect organizations
- Partner with Ovative internal marketing team to nurture relationships with new business contacts, key industry influencers, and industry partners over time, maintaining brand awareness and leading to new revenue over time
- Partner with business leaders to define and execute go-to-market strategies and positioning for new offerings and products to close new deals
- Play a role in shaping multiple strategic growth initiatives, such as informing Ovative’s upper funnel lead generation strategy, informing Ovative’s pricing and contracting best practices and processes, and bringing industry and competitive insights to the leadership team to inform product investment and innovation decisions
- Be a leader, actively role modeling, articulating, and developing Ovative’s brand and cultural values and growth goals, internally and externally
- 10-12+ years of experience in a growth-oriented position
- Proven track record of defining and representing a firm’s unique point of view to external stakeholders
- Demonstrated growth mindset - the ideal candidate gets energy from growth, has a desire to satisfy prospect requests to our fullest potential, a willingness to travel as needed, and enjoys building relationships quickly with new people
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with internal and external senior stakeholders throughout the sales process
- Proven experience developing and leading cross-functional strategic initiatives in a collaborative way, working with both prospect and internal stakeholders
- Action oriented, self-driven hunger to take immediate action and make decisions quickly (to hit prospect deadlines)
- Comfort working with incomplete datasets and ambiguous client requests in high pressure situations
Benefits of working on the Business Development Team at Ovative Group:
- Have a direct impact on Ovative growth
- Work with and learn from a team of driven, performance-oriented, and supportive business development, media, and measurement experts
- Gain exposure to and experience working with senior prospects and internal executive stakeholders
- Work in a variety of industries, tackling diverse challenges that span Ovative’s service and product offering
- Work in a fast-paced environment with new opportunities presented daily
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Director positions, our compensation ranges from $123,000 to $228,000, which is inclusive of a 30% bonus.
Benefits of working at Ovative Group:
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace six-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Access to our first / brand new office space in NYC come Fall 2021
- Frequent, paid travel to our Minneapolis headquarters for company events, team events, and in-person collaboration with teams.
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Top notch health insurance options
- Monthly stipend for your mobile phone and data plan
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 17 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Minneapolis, MN