Senior Copywriter, Small Army
Small Army, a FINN Partners Company, has an opportunity for a Senior Copywriter. The Senior Copywriter develops big conceptual ideas that push the boundaries of our clients’ brands. This person defines the voice and copy approach of digital, print, broadcast and social media campaigns, while co-leading their creative execution with undying attention to detail and craft. The role requires setting a positive example for collaboration and teamwork while always looking for ways to push a brand to greatness with exceptional creative thinking.
- Help steward the quality of the creative department by being a living example of positivity, forward thinking, kindness, curiosity and creativity.
- Be a creative leader, inspiring and motivating others with the wisdom of your experience and awesomeness of your talent.
- Develop groundbreaking creative concepts across all channels that reflect the agreed upon strategy, deliver on the brand message and are on tone for the brand’s personality.
- Distill complexity into consumer-friendly content in a variety of formats including long format, traditional media, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Write in a variety of styles and voices and model a consistently high standards of work for your team and the agency.
- Write copy from concept through to completion based on input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- Be a constant student of media, culture and life, infusing these things together to deliver creative in new and surprising ways.
- With approval and guidance from your team leader, monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Be highly organized and complete all assigned work correctly, on time and regularly report the status of projects to your team leader.
- Mentor and guide creative staff.
- Participate in and lead brainstorm sessions with your partner and other creative team members.
- Participate in and contribute to new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Manage a full plate of assignments across all channels (broadcast, print, direct, digital, etc.) Foster and build a team atmosphere, built on positive, productive working relationships.
- Take and distill feedback from your creative team, members of the RM team, and clients.
- Be self-motivated, presenting and defending your work with confidence, creativity and strategic thought.
- Must have 4 to 6 years in-house marketing department / in-house agency, or external ad agency experience working on integrated brand copywriting projects.
- Must have a portfolio of work to present at time of job application, that demonstrates conceptual thinking, copywriting capabilities and work history, and technical proficiency.
- Must have versatility of voice/writing style.
To Apply for This Position:
Please apply by uploading your resume, cover letter, your portfolio (with samples of your professional work) and indicate your target salary in US Dollars.
About Small Army and Finn Partners:
Small Army (smallarmy.net), a FINN Partners company, is a 30+ person marketing and creative service agency in Boston MA, that helps brands build relationships with people through storytelling. Their work focuses on the core belief that storytelling can strengthen relationships between brands and customers. Small Army works with a range of clients and industries to tell brand stories in an immediate, lasting, and impactful way.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 800 employees, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.