Analyst, Paid Search
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
Digital Marketing is a critical part of every consumer journey, but many companies only measure its impact on their digital outcomes. Our approach to paid search optimization at Ovative Group can’t be found anywhere else. We measure and optimize search marketing campaigns at the enterprise level, both online and offline, to a KPI we call enterprise marketing return (EMR). EMR is an ROI-focused approach that measures the holistic impact of our channels.
EMR includes revenue from ecommerce/in-store channels, value of new customer acquisition, incrementality, and margins. Our clients are household names that span multiple industries, including retail, social networking platforms, healthcare, education, CPG, and hospitality.
The Ovative Group Analyst Paid Search Marketing (SEM) position is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to take on an early stage, leadership role at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success. The ideal candidate demonstrates great critical and analytical thinking, has a good understanding of the digital media landscape, and is motivated by driving results for our clients. Their role will play a pivotal role in helping Ovative continue our journey toward measuring and optimizing to the true enterprise impact, not solely ecommerce impacts.
Responsibilities of a Paid Search (SEM) Analyst
- Cross-functional strategy & thought leadership:
- Act as a subject matter expert for Paid Search strategies by continually evolving Ovative’s approach to best practices; vetting and partnering with new technology companies; managing planning and execution tools, and staying on top of emerging trends
- Develop and drive forward multi-channel digital media strategies and roadmaps aligned with client program growth goals
- Support higher level, cross-functional marketing strategy projects by providing deep media expertise
- Performance media management & execution:
- Possess deep, results-oriented SEM subject matter expertise with a proven track record of driving performance in enterprise settings
- Consistently develop high-impact SEM strategies to grow our client’s search performance
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of client paid search (PPC) programs including:
- Strategy and campaign planning
- Campaign tactics and segmentation strategy
- Algorithmic bid platform and manual bidding strategy and optimization
- Strategic partner management (Google, Bing, Kenshoo, Marin, etc.)
- Keyword expansion and negative adds
- Feed management and optimization
- Test ideation, planning, and management
- Custom analysis, reporting and insights
- Be effective in driving change – navigate ambiguity and large organizations with ease to maximize the impact of our work
- Regular analysis and effective communication of program performance at granular levels to audiences ranging from day-to-day stakeholders up to C-suite
- Client relationship management:
- Seek to understand the client’s business/industry and understand how their work connects to the broader project and client goals
- Lead day-to-day management of client paid search programs including:
- Clearly defining program objectives, tactics and KPIs
- Developing and delivering client communication
- Effectively manage client relationship and establish trust and credibility
- Effectively influence client stakeholders to evolve strategies and measurement approach to drive enterprise impact
- Deliver Ovative’s unique client experience by making their Ovative interactions the best part of their day
- Team leadership and employee development:
- Manage work independently with initial direction from manager
- Regularly speak up, ask questions and express your POV
- Recruit, train and manage new Ovative team members
- Foster a culture of open communication and 360-degree feedback
- Inspire yourself and others to reach your quarterly, annual, and long-term goals
- 1+ years of experience working directly on SEM programs
- Strong analytical background demonstrating an ability to understand business problems, analyze trends, draw conclusions and make actionable recommendations
- Proven track record of success driving strong positive results within a digital or non-digital business context
- Great communication and client management skills
- Sound conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and drive efforts from start to finish
- Understanding of the following:
- Performance based, direct response marketing
- Retail and e-commerce business
- Omni-channel marketing
- Strong competency in: Google Ads online and desktop interfaces, Bing, MS Excel, Data Studio
- Digital agency experience or digital lead on the client-side
- Previous experience in performance marketing, retail, eCommerce, etc.
- Bid technology platform experience
- Mathematics or economics background or equivalent analytical experience
- Shopping campaign management (PLAs/feed management)
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Analyst positions, our compensation ranges from $48,000 to $72,000, which is inclusive of a 10% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace four-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 17 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Minneapolis, MN