Account Executive To Associate Vp, Technology Pr Agency
Account Executive to Associate VP, Technology PR Agency
Location: The PR Technology team is NY, NY based. Qualified applicants for an AE, SAE, or AVP role can be Metropolitan NYC area based for onsite work, or can be considered for remote work if they are current USA Eastern, Central or Pacific time zone residents.
Come join Finn Partners, an award-winning global integrated marketing agency! We have an open position for a public relations agency experienced Account Executive, or a Senior Account Executive, or a Account Supervisor, or an Associate VP for our New York City technology PR practice. There is one open position, and the title that the candidate will be hired for will be determined by the candidate's skill set and depth of prior related work experience. Excellent media relations and pitching, writing, and program management experience is required for success in this role.
We are a leading PR agency technology team, working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. We seek job candidates who are passionate about communications and are ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the team's success. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of several account teams supporting our clients’ needs, focusing on public relations campaigns targeting digital transformation, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, future-of-work, clean technologies, and more. In this role you will apply your professional experience implementing effective, impactful client campaigns.
- Develop/cultivate relationships with client contacts and external audiences.
- Oversee day-to-day client projects to ensure the quality of work meets the client's objective and does so in a manner that provides value.
- Recommend and implement initiatives that improve the audience's perception of the client.
- Develop, pitch, and place positive stories by and about the client in relevant business, trade, and consumer media; handle special media inquiries.
- Develop or review materials (e.g., pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters).
- Cultivate positive client presence in all media through releases, proactive contact, and responsiveness to inquiries/requests.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications between the client and account team, consistently providing strategy and tactical updates in collaboration with the team lead
- Partner with client and other communications firms (i.e., ad agencies) to develop complete communications plans.
- Research, develop, and present new business proposals.
- Develop original research, surveys, and market studies for existing and new business proposals.
- 3-6+ years of related agency based professional PR experience
- PR experience working with technology clients is highly desired. Applicants with strong PR agency experience in other client practice specialty areas outside of technology, will also be considered for this role if they are interested in quickly learning the technology client specialty.
- College degree.
- Comprehensive experience in and understanding of public relations and media relations.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to plan strategically and globally.
- Strong oral, writing, and editing skills.
- Skill at developing/delivering presentations for clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to understand the experiences of other Finn Partners employees and incorporate them into successful business strategies.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Ability to budget programs and manage client finances.
- Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings.
New York, NY #LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
To Apply:Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your experience in public relations agency, and indicate your desired salary in $USD. While we appreciate that many applicants are negotiable, we are seeking a numerical dollar amount in your stated salary target please.
About Finn Partners:Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has 800+ employees, with offices in cities including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.