Manager, Financial Planning And Analysis
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis position is a truly unique opportunity to take on a leadership role at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, client success, and fun. This person will serve as a critical member to the growing FP&A team to elevate ongoing operations from a financial perspective, deliver strategic thought partnership to the company’s most senior leaders, and build out an FP&A team that can support significant growth. The ideal candidate demonstrates a high degree of analytical rigor, ability to frame problems in a structured manner, comfort with ambiguity, and strong written and verbal communication to senior audiences. This person will be held to a high standard of confidentiality and ethics, as they’ll be managing sensitive financial information on a regular basis.
This role is pivotal in helping us scale efficiently as we grow quickly and continue to have one of the best FP&A programs in the industry. Come join us and help us achieve our vision of achieving significant business growth by fearlessly unlocking the potential of our team members.
Responsibilities of Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Operations Support: Elevate day-to-day decision-making across all company functions
- Own delivery of regular financial reporting including communication of insights across functions
- Manage the day-to-day inputs for the company financial forecast
- Understand key company operating metrics and proactively surface opportunities to optimize these metrics
- Evolve central repository of financial and strategic processes and systems to enable effective decision-making
- Strategic Planning: Provide rigorous consultation to support key company initiatives
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager of FP&A and CFO to establish and carry out FP&A strategic vision
- Drive analysis and communication of insights behind company-wide strategic decisions
- Partner with senior leadership to produce ad hoc analyses and other financially-driven scenarios
- Lead the financial projection workstream of the company’s ongoing 3-year planning process
- Build consensus across cross-functional teams and influence strategic decision-making
- Team leadership: Help drive team success
- Lead and develop director report
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with leaders across the organization
- Instill FP&A best practices learned from past experiences
- Cultivate a transparent, trustworthy, and ethical work environment by staying engaged, curious, and accountable
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- 5-8 years of experience in Financial Planning, Operational Finance, or Corporate Finance
- Experience in financial modeling and producing assumptions-based business scenarios
- Experience in Adaptive Insights planning module preferred
- Proven track record of analytical acumen, structured problem solving, and drive for results
- Strong ability to present and communicate implications in both written and oral format to senior leadership
- Expert in Excel, MS Office, and PowerPoint
- Can lead self and direct report and manage multiple assignments and stakeholders simultaneously
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Manager positions, our compensation ranges from $79,000 to $132,000, which is inclusive of a 20% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 24 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Education: Bachelor Degree