Assistant Account Executive - B2B Technology
FINN Partners in London is looking for a talented Assistant Account Executive for its fast-growing office. Being an assistant account executive with Finn Partners will suit someone who loves the media – whether that’s making sure you’ve got today’s newspaper under your arm, having an opinion on the latest controversial marketing campaign, writing your own blog, or building your own brand on social media. Possessing a can-do attitude, you will be a self-starter with a penchant for problem-solving, who wants to learn and grow in a supportive, yet fast-moving environment. Strength of character and a good sense of humour will go down well, too!
This position is to work on B2B technology clients so you will need to have a desire to work in this sector and an aptitude for understanding complex technology.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Market-leading holiday provision: 25 days’ holiday plus 5 additional “summer days”, with the ability to carry days over
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonuses for hiring and new business
- Free breakfast and complimentary snacks
- Wellness subsidy
- Produce effective writing – Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include news releases, blogs, case studies, opinion articles and internal communications).
- Use social media – Understand when the use of social media is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign and for a business, blogging and SEO.
- Media Liaison – Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, selecting strategies and tactics to pitch stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (ie journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products.
- Client Liaison – Attending and participating in client meetings both in-person and by phone.
- Deliver and evaluate PR campaigns – Support the team in creating tactics, brainstorming, understanding the key elements of developing a strategy and be able to monitor and evaluate.
- Presenting – Plan, structure and deliver presentations internally and externally taking an active and professional role.
- Research & Data Analysis – To be able to research information for the team and/or clients and report key details.
- Events – Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
- Analyst and speaker programmes – Liaising with analyst firms and event organisers to secure briefings and speaking slots.
- Issues development – Speculatively pitching ideas, writing media alerts, responding to topical issues in the media.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Practical use of Microsoft Office packages and experience of using social media
- Creative skills
- Organisation skills
- Client focused
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Interest in business technology
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Degree with classification of 2:1 or higher
- At least three A levels or equivalent A*-C
About Finn Partners:Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs. We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 85 Days Ago
Size: Large (501-1,000)
Location: New York, NY