Account Executive, Consumer Lifestyle & Sports Public Relations Agency
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, CONSUMER LIFESTYLE & SPORTS PR AGENCY
Our Consumer, Lifestyle & Sports practice at Finn Partners is growing! We’re looking for candidates with 2-3 years or experience who are creative, eager and proactive, and who have experience with media relations, executing innovative programs across multiple media channels, and thinking differently. The team is based in our New York City office, and local applicants are desired. If you reside elsewhere within the USA Eastern Time Zone, have the required experience and skill set, and are seeking a remote work role please let us know.
Please apply if you love the outdoors, wellness, sports, or all things culinary. Our team is made up of hikers, wine and spirits aficionados, food lovers, travelers, surfers, wellness warriors, snowboarders, soccer players, sports fans, and more. We’re lucky to have clients that fall into these categories. We proudly do what we love, and we love what we do! (Check out a few examples of our work and clients here, here, here, or here; and learn about our Sports Marketing work here.)
This Account Executive position is responsible for securing top-notch results and contributing to the execution of PR and marketing campaigns. Charged with delivering success for an exciting and diverse set of clients, this position calls for an experienced and proactive PR professional who will execute day-to-day client activity while achieving consistent earned, owned, and shared media success.
- Manage account work for multiple partners, with daily client interaction
- Secure meaningful media placements client partners
- Maintain positive relationships with influential media
- Stay current with trends, emerging outlets, digital media platforms and tools
- Develop written materials, including press releases, fact sheets, key messages
- Participate in creative brainstorms
- Facilitation of client assignments and projects from beginning to end
- Help coordinating and executing all aspects of media events
- Client recaps and reporting
- Assist in training staff and managing interns, as necessary
- Identify and assist in securing new business opportunities
- 2-3 years of previous work experience in PR/marketing, preferably at an agency (related corporate/in-house PR experience will be considered)
- Strong existing media relationships, with proven ability to secure quality results against a marketing plan (media placements, influencer partnerships, social engagement, etc.)
- Creative thinking and ability to seamlessly transition between clients
- Personal interests in the arenas that align with our client work
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong research and analytical skills; Detail oriented
- Creative thinker with a fresh perspective; Energetic, can-do attitude
- Effective listening and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple client initiatives
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of digital and all social media platforms
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your public relations experience, and indicate your desired salary in $USD (while we appreciate many applicants are negotiable or open, we are asking you to provide your reply in US Dollars please).
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision of creating a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 87 Days Ago
Size: Large (501-1,000)
Location: New York, NY