Sr. Full Stack Engineer
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About The Role
We are looking for a bold Full Stack Engineer to join our capability development team at a fast-growing company focused on measurement and optimization of media at the enterprise level. In this role you will be responsible for building and supporting enterprise software products for companies in a variety of industries, driving optimizations in architecture and performance of critical data systems, and supporting data needs across cross functional teams within our organization. The ideal candidate will have full lifecycle experience building end-to-end web applications for both internal process automations and client facing products.
The candidate must be self-directed, comfortable supporting multiple work streams and be able to think critically, identifying opportunities for further optimizations and communicate this effectively. The right candidate will be excited for the opportunity to lean into innovative ideas and technologies, expressing their point of view, and enjoy working with a variety of other teams including data science, data visualization, data engineering and end users of our products.
Work with business teams on complex data and development projects to create valuable products for end users
- Comprehend the user facing KPIs and configuration needs of complex data interactions and provide a clear point of view on how to solve end-user problems.
- Help define technical competencies and hiring strategy to grow the web development team.
Investigate, build, support, and improve web applications used to provide end users with self-serve data process controls and APIs to expose data assets.
- Work with Data Engineers & Data Scientists to build custom data applications and integrations.
- Design and build client-side and server-side architecture.
- Create effective, secure, APIs to provide integration pathways for internal and 3rd party software.
- Build responsive front ends with an eye for appealing visual design.
- Create tests for functionality, usability, performance, and integration.
- Contribute to overall technology vision and infrastructure architecture to help answer the questions:
- How can we make this system or process better?
- How can we provide more value to end users?
- What are the pros/cons of one decision vs. another?
- 5+ years of relevant web application development experience
- Exceptional attention to detail alongside excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in one or more backend languages, API frameworks, and servers.
- Experience building and deploying containerized application code.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with security best practices and tools.
- Experience with authentication strategies.
- Experience in Dev Ops & CI/CD.
- Experience working with big data.
- Experience with iterative development
- Experience working with databases
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Sr. Full Stack Engineer positions, our compensation ranges from $79,000 to $132,000, which is inclusive of a 20% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Posted: 94 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Minneapolis, MN