Manager, Compensation and Analytics
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions,Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR),is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
In this role, you will lead the evolution of Ovative’s compensation philosophy and strategy, inclusive of base salary, a bonus program, and our benefits portfolio. Responsibilities will vary from strategic thought leadership to execution of processes and analyses to ensure we are maintaining a performance culture which rewards, retains, and inspires top talent.
The Manager of Compensation and Analytics will work in partnership with our Business Operations team on budgeting and bonus calculations, but will not handle payroll execution.
Responsibilities of a Manager, Compensation and Analytics:
- Responsible for program design, development and administration of the merit and incentive programs.
- Responsible for compensation activities including job evaluation, market pay analysis, internal impact analysis, cost projections, data audit and analysis, implementation and communication strategies, to improve current compensation practices.
- Analyzes jobs through the job evaluation process to ensure internal equity of positions across job families and grade levels. Identifies internal comparisons; recommends grade and salary changes. Interviews managers and incumbents to obtain position information. Partner with Diversity & Acquisition team to adjust job descriptions respectively.
- Inform and manage the approach to crafting and finalizing new offers as it pertains to salary, strategic benefits, and our incentive programs.
- Develop and maintain expertise within compensation-related modules in our HRIS and external pay software systems.
- Lead work groups composed of various areas in the enterprise to complete projects (i.e. merit and incentive analysis and review; new role evaluation and grading, etc.).
- Identify and analyze business problems and devise procedures and solutions to the problems.
- Provide consultative advice as needed on all pay related issues and provide analytic support as needed.
- Design and conduct training for managers on key compensation issues, concepts, or processes.
- Provide ad hoc analytics support as needed within Talent Services to fuel data-driven insights and actions.
- 4 - 8 years of experience in compensation planning and management, people analytics, or related field
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort working with multiple data sets is critical
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate actionable insights concisely
- Critical thinking to identify patterns of opportunities or concerns proactively and leverage expertise to craft solutions to address
- Innovate and maintain equity analyses throughout operating processes to maintain or improve best practices
- Creative thinking that can solution with thoughtful but flexible policies and structures that support a “one-team” culture which prioritizes internal equity
- Resourceful, organized with strong attention to detail
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you have the empowerment to drive significant change
- Strong analytics skillset and problem-solving attitude; ability to apply insights across different types of internal and external partners
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus.Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Manager positions, our compensation ranges from $79,000 to $132,000, which is inclusive of a 20% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace six-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Access to our first / brand new office space in NYC come Fall 2021
- Frequent, paid travel to our Minneapolis headquarters for company events, team events, and in-person collaboration with teams.
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Top notch health insurance options
- Copy covers 90% of annual premiums
- Plans available to cover all 50 states
- Monthly stipend for your mobile phone and data plan
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 71 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $79,000 - $132,000
Location: Minneapolis, MN