Sr. Manager, Consulting
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions,Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR),is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Team
Ovative’s Consulting team uses their diverse experience and structured problem-solving skills to solve tough problems every day and have fun while doing it. The team works directly with clients to deliver leading-edge thinking and drive change across four areas of expertise: customer strategy and activation; marketing and media strategy; measurement strategy and activation; and MarTech, AdTech, and data solutions. The team has grown rapidly, expects continued growth, and is uniquely poised to leverage Ovative’s digital marketing and measurement expertise to delivering differentiated strategic advice to clients.
In addition, Consulting also partners with Ovative’s media teams to provide an additional layer of strategic recommendations and insights on top of our best-in-class media planning and execution. Finally, Consulting works internally on firm-wide strategy questions to synthesize perspectives, elevate thinking, and raise the bar for what’s possible.
About the Role
The Consulting Sr. Manager position offers candidates the opportunity to lead customer, digital marketing, and measurement strategy projects for clients across a breadth of industries. Sr. Managers also work internally to elevate our Consulting team skills and capabilities and contribute to company-wide strategy initiatives. The Sr. Manager leads project delivery and manages partnerships with our clients, leadership, and other internal Ovative teams. The right candidate will be resilient, a structured thinker, intellectually curious, passionate about leading teams and developing others, and an excellent communicator.
- Manage consulting projects by creating workplans, overseeing workstreams, socializing work with clients, and maintaining alignment on project scope and outcomes
- Structure work, facilitate working sessions, and guide deliverable development in partnership with team members, clients, and leadership
- Lead work in service of project deliverables, including conducting stakeholder interviews, performing primary and secondary research, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data; synthesizing insights, implications, and next steps; and developing deliverables such as slide decks, spreadsheets, and dashboards
- Oversee client relationship management, assessing and guiding day-to-day and strategic communications
- Work with Consulting leadership to continue growing and evolving our Consulting skills, knowledge, toolset, product offerings, and culture
- Provide business development support, assisting with strategy development and liaising with prospective clients to refine scopes of work
- Manage junior Consulting team members, providing training, guidance, and performance evaluations
Skills and Qualifications
- BA / BS + 5-7 years or advanced degree + 2-3 years working with clients (internal or external) to solve challenging problems
- Experience at a management consulting firm or on a corporate strategy team for a Fortune 500 company
- Proven structured thinking and problem-solving skills helping teams, peers, and clients to develop clear and actionable strategies / solutions
- Strong analytics skillset with experience managing large financial, customer, or industry datasets to inform strategy / solution outputs
- Excellent communication skills, including business writing, small group and large-scale verbal presentations, and visual storytelling
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to manage time, deliver work, develop others, and thrive in ambiguous environments
- Experience managing project teams including structuring work, overseeing workstreams, liaising with clients and mentoring junior team members preferred
- Experience in e-commerce, digital marketing, customer data and insights, customer strategy, MarTech, or other marketing discipline preferred, but not required
- Experience in retail, healthcare, and financial services preferred, but not required
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, or visualizing large datasets or coding in SQL, Python, or R preferred, but not required
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus.Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Sr. Manager positions, our compensation ranges from $111,000 to $186,000, which is inclusive of a 25% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 13 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $111,000 - $186,000
Location: Minneapolis, MN