Data Scientist - Platform
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognizedsixconsecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces andfouryears on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
The Platform team is defining and creating the technological future of Ovative – one that is built on a centralized data platform, generalized ML capabilities, model deployment templates, and automated monitoring systems. We envision that all future products and services will be built on top of the Platform. As a Data Scientist on this team, you will help guide the vision for and build this platform with a small team of experienced data professionals. Your core mission will be to accelerate Ovative’s product cycle through foundational data science and MLOps deliverables that enable others to quickly produce repeatable and scalable solutions. You will have full-stack data science opportunities to shine, learn, and deliver as you and the team build out the Platform.
- Design and build a machine learning platform to accelerate the development of ML- and data-driven solutions across the company (70%)
- Implement foundational analytic models for varied use cases like forecasting, segmentation, and media mix modeling
- Develop core systems for data ingestion; model training, deployment, and monitoring
- Partner closely with business, engineering, and product teams to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Support data engineers in design of core data infrastructure (30%)
- Apply data science best practices to enable greater data discoverability
- Enable data access and transformation between BigQuery and other formats, such as graph, document stores, or unstructured data
- Proficiency in Python, and at least one ML package
- Robust knowledge of data science techniques including supervised and unsupervised approaches and clustering algorithms
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts (like OOP & design patterns)
- Degree or equivalent experience in data science, data engineering, or machine learning engineering
- Built and productionized applied machine learning products
- Hands-on time with MLFlow, Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with marketing attribution algorithms, like MMM or MTA
- Marketing/Martech/Adtech domain experience
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus.Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Analyst positions, our compensation ranges from $48,000 to $72,000, which is inclusive of a 10% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and our of work
Culture matters and we've been recognized as a Top Workplace five-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We're open in communication and floor plan. We're flat- our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We're rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan's Day
Working at Ovative won't be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it'll be the most rewarding job you'll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Posted: 20 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $48,000 - $72,000
Location: Minneapolis, MN