About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognizedsixconsecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces andfouryears on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About The Role
We are looking for a bold Data Engineer to join our Capability Development team at a fast-growing company focused on measurement and optimization of media at the enterprise level. In this role you will be responsible for building enterprise software products for companies in a variety of industries, driving optimizations in architecture and performance of critical data systems, and supporting data needs across cross functional teams within our organization. The ideal candidate will have experience building and optimizing data pipelines using a variety of tools and enjoys the challenges of wrangling a variety of data.
This role will support both our internal teams as well as clients as we build the next generation of analytics platforms leveraging enterprise data. The candidate must be self-directed, comfortable supporting multiple work streams and be able to think critically, identifying opportunities for further optimizations and communicating effectively. The right candidate will be excited for the opportunity to lean into innovative new ideas and technologies, expressing their point of view, and enjoy working with a variety of other teams including data science, data visualization, solution architecture, full stack/ui engineering and end users of our products.
Work with business teams on complex data and development projects to create valuable products for end users
- Comprehend complex data interactions and provide a clear point of view on how to solve end-user problems
- Learn to quickly assess data relationships and then communicate to business teams how best to leverage these data to get to client insights faster
Build, support, and improve ETL pipelines across multiple platforms and teams
- Build connections between disparate data sources of different granularity and resolution to drive meaningful analytics and reporting
- Identify and solve complex production support issues related to data or code issues
- Advance data pipeline processes to support future products and scale
- Contribute to overall technology vision and infrastructure architecture
- 3+ years of relevant data engineering or developer experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field/requisite experience
- Exceptional attention to detail alongside excellent written and oral communication skill
- Experience working directly with business users to refine requirements
- Experience with Python, SQL, and command line
- Experience with cloud-based platforms e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with iterative development practices (i.e. Scrum)
- Experience with version control solutions
- Experience working with REST and Graph API endpoints
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity working with the Google cloud platform suite (compute, BigQuery, Cloud Composer, reporting APIs)
- Experience in a Dev Ops environment
- Basic understanding of Developer/Cloud security best practices
- Experience with data governance policies and processes
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and tooling
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus.Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Data Engineer positions, our compensation ranges from $62,000 to $93,000, which is inclusive of a 15% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Posted: 20 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $45,000 - $65,000
Location: Minneapolis, MN