Sr. Manager, Marketing Content
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions,Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR),is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About This Role
The Internal Marketing team at Ovative plays an integral role in bringing Ovative’s brand vision to life and helping Ovative surpass its long-term growth goals. The Internal Marketing team works closely with the Business Development team, Client Services, and external partners to ensure our marketing tactics are building the brand, creating meaningful opportunities to connect with a broad network of prospects, elevating the client experience, and generating qualified leads for the business. We take a hands-on, collaborative approach to marketing, partnering effectively with subject-matter experts across our Media, Measurement, and Consulting teams to drive key marketing initiatives.
The Marketing Content Senior Manager position is an opportunity for an experienced hire to have direct impact at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, performance, and culture. This individual will play a pivotal leadership role in building awareness and consideration for Ovative through ownership of the cross-channel content marketing strategy. The ideal candidate demonstrates structured thinking, self-motivation, proven experience in digital media and content, and desire to build a best-in-class marketing function.
Responsibilities of Content Senior Manager
- Own and evolve Ovative brand collateral used across all teams including PowerPoint/Word templates, branded photo and headshot library, and brand guidelines/style guides.
- Own the cross-channel content strategy to reach target audiences to increase awareness, consideration, and leads for Ovative.
- Own, maintain, and execute Ovative’s Content Calendar across tactics and platforms including paid, owned, and earned digital and traditional channels:
- Organic Social: Oversee team responsible for content production and execution on organic platforms.
- Paid Social: Own relationship and oversight over team of internal paid media experts buying media on behalf of Ovative internal marketing. Produce content, support campaign setup and management, evaluate performance, and recommend optimizations to improve the program.
- Awards/Press/Conferences/Speaking Opps: Partner with Manager of Brand/PR to develop engaging content ready for these channels.
- Webinars and Podcasts: support execution of webinars and podcasts, coordinate relationships with external partners and guests, and inform future webinar and podcast content.
- Site/Email/CRM: Define and build marketing content needed for newsletter creation and evolving site experience. Manage CRM/Site/Email analyst to ensure a seamless cross-channel content experience.
- Develop creative (animations, videos, etc.) in partnership with Ovative’s Creative Lab and external contractors, owning those relationships to create high-quality content. Oversee and execute copywriting to support all assets produced.
- Build relationships and develop expertise across Ovative’s business to foster marketing as an extension of every team. Partner with subject-matter experts, leaders, clients, and partners to understand key trends, Ovative POVs, and proprietary insights. Write content and produce meaningful brand stories (written thought leadership, short and long-form content, video, etc.) that showcase Ovative’s expertise and drive engagement and considerations with key audiences.
- Be a leader on a growing team, role modeling Ovative’s values: Genuine, Driven, Engaged, Accountable. Manage work of Marketing analysts focused on content production, copywriting, email, site experience, and CRM.
- Measure holistic content program effectiveness at driving awareness, consideration, and leads overtime and continuously identify opportunities for improvement and new innovative tactics that should be included in the program.
- Drive marketing projects forward, with clear timelines, expectations, and deliverables while communicating progress and collaborating across Marketing team.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 8-10+ years of B2B marketing experience.
- Experience in content writing, content production, and end-to-end content strategy development (hands-on experience and managing creative partners).
- Experience in paid digital media strategy and community management on key digital platforms (Facebook, IG, Twitter, LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor).
- Proven track record of building relationships quickly with senior leaders, establishing trust, and influencing decision-makers effectively.
- Organized and confident with proven ability to project manage multiple projects at a time, driving collaboration and coordinating efforts across teams.
- Results-driven and gets energy working in an entrepreneurial team environment (e.g., wearing multiple hats, building and driving the strategy, building a team, and coordinating across teams in an agile manner).
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-driven, hungry to develop new, innovative strategies and take action.
- Experience in B2B marketing preferred.
- Experience in HubSpot, WordPress, or equivalent technologies preferred.
- Experience in Adobe suite preferred.
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus.Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Sr. Manager positions, our compensation ranges from $111,000 to $186,000, which is inclusive of a 25% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s Day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Posted: 20 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $111,000 - $186,000
Location: Minneapolis, MN