This position is responsible for creating quality video content for both Gorilla 76 and our clients. This is a highly collaborative and technical role, while also requiring creativity and problem-solving. You will be required to have a deep understanding of the entire video production process and to be able to execute at all stages while working as part of a team and as an individual.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Pre-production planning
- Filming, editing and publishing
- Care of equipment
- Other QA/QC duties
- Continuous improvement / ongoing education
Your primary responsibilities will be shooting, developing and editing all video content for Gorilla and our clients. It will require moderate travel and will include work both in the office and on the job site. Projects will range from b-roll and interview-style formats to short brand films. We’ll be leaning on this hire to help us build, and continue to evolve, this service offering moving forward.
This role focuses on delivering exceptional video content, executing all steps from concept to final delivery. You'll be working in production in various roles to help bring together successful shoots. This will include operating camera, lighting and audio equipment, for productions both on location and at our office. This will also include working in post-production to ingest, assemble, polish and deliver quality videos. You'll be editing various forms of content from brand films, demos, highlight videos, explainer videos, video podcasts and social media content
Having strong file organization and being able to ingest and manage media for quick access is very important, and we'll be asking you to assist with an already established archival process. Additionally, you'll be helping concept, plan and produce various video productions regularly, along with performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Some travel for out-of-state shoots is required. Maintaining and upholding client’s brands and related standards in all projects and video work is a must. We need someone that will be staying current with the latest trends and research in video.
No day is the same. No day is average.
Some days you’ll spend hours in a row editing. Some days you’ll be on-site, filming and working with clients. Some days it'll be meeting after meeting. Some days you’ll be asked to drop it all to tackle a quick-turn project no one predicted was coming. It’s the nature of the work.
As such, organizing and prioritizing work to meet multiple deadlines is the name of the game. That means you need to keep your teammates in the loop all the time. Our work is collaborative and interdependent. You depend on the team and the team depends on you.
But this isn’t a sweatshop. You’ll typically work eight-hour days. Sometimes it’s longer — but we won’t let it get out of hand. Sometimes it’s shorter.
The Content Department
Writers, a content specialist, a videographer and the content director make up this dynamic team.
We come from many different places and professional backgrounds, but each has this in common: an exceptional skill for seeking information, understanding it and then presenting it so that others can, too. And we’llalways do it ethically. We care so much about that, we made a code of ethics.
It’s a group of grammar nerds, technical geeks and bookworms who care about each other and about doing great work.
Within three months you’ll...
- Have finished your onboarding and training
- Have learned our post-production workflow
- Have met with all department directors
- Be creating a variety of content for both Gorilla 76 and our clients
- Gain an understanding of Gorilla’s workflow
- Set goals, professional and personal, for the rest of your year ??
Within six months you’ll…
- Have a portfolio of client work in a variety of formats.
- Be assisting in the execution of video projects at all stages
- Feel comfortable in owning your role and work
- Will provide samples of work and/or a reel demonstrating your abilities in both production and post-production (please identify your roles in each sample provided)
- Is proficient with MacOS and Adobe Premiere
- Has experience with DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe After Effects
- Has knowledge of professional editing and post-production workflows, procedures and
- Is meticulous about file organization and quality control
- Is comfortable working in an established file and post workflow
- Is very capable in project management and working with deadlines
- Is comfortable operating a camera, lighting and gripping on set
- Understands proper exposure and the basics of interview lighting
- Can effectively communicate creative intentions and needs for proper execution of video projects
- Must be collaborative, but able to handle a project on your own
- Has the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Is available to work from our St. Louis, MO office
While small and tightknit,we’re a team, not a family.This helps us hold one another accountable. If you’re wondering who we are, look to ourmanifestoand five core values. Check out ourInstagram. And see what people say about us onGlassdoor.
You’ll use the following tools to get work done
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Media Encoder
- DaVinci Resolve
- Google Workspace
By applying for this position, you are certifying that the information provided on this application form and any other documents provided to Gorilla 76 are complete and accurate. If asked to provide work samples, you are certifying that samples provided were created by you. Withholding information or providing false information will result in a refusal to hire or termination of your employment. This application is valid for 90 days, and you must reapply for consideration beyond 90 days.
Posted: 29 Days Ago
Size: Small (11-50)
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
Location: St. Louis, MO
Education: Bachelor Degree