Position at Tencue
Location: SF Bay Area/ Remote
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Production
WHO WE ARE
Tencue creates living events at the edge of possibility that allow organizations to inspire and educate their audiences wherever (and whenever) they are - crafting strategically led, creatively driven, and precisely executed experiences that spark imaginations, empower people, and ignite change - with integrity and compassion for our teams, communities, and the world.
We recognize the importance of diversity. We aspire to create a culture of acceptance, mutual respect and open mindedness, and an environment where people take care of each other and feel safe; a fair and inclusive place for everyone.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Producer is responsible for managing in-person and digital events from inception to completion, on budget, and on schedule, while achieving creative objectives and meeting client expectations. The Producer reports to the VP of Production at Tencue.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- At least five years’ experience leading live event projects.
- Team Management and Budget Management experience
Under the supervision of the VP of Production, the Producer produces the event, from pre-production through post production; on time and on budget as defined by each project’s scope. General responsibilities of the Producer include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Creative Director or creative team to understand and manage execution of the project’s creative design.
- Work with internal Tencue team to determine project roles, responsibilities and resources
- Work with and manage vendors to determine most efficient, cost effective solutions to meet creative and client objectives.
- Work with the project’s production coordinator and Technical Director to create and manage production related schedules (crew meals schedule, security schedule, crew hotels, venue instructions, fire marshal submissions and all permits as required)
- Oversee the preparation of all show related documents.
- Manage and communicate project floor plans and updates to client, vendor partners and meeting planners.
- Understand, generate and manage project budget.
- Research and compile talent and guest speaker information as determined by scope of project.
- Lead all-hands production calls / meetings per production calendar.
- Oversee development of deliverables from project inception through final delivery and project wrap.
- Review equipment lists to ensure all items needed for the show are included.
- Participate in all risk assessment meetings and ensure team is safety compliant on-site.
- Provide consistent and timely client communication and manage client objectives and expectations
- Manage project deliverables (including video production) to be on-time, on-budget and to client expectation.
- Manage client meetings including creative presentations and budget reviews.
- Create show flow.
- Understand all components of speaker presentations (internally and externally produced)
- Escalate issues (as needed) when project scope, budget and/or client expectations are at risk.
- Work with Business Development team to complete proposals (RFP’s).
- Manage show flow and all components (with show team) for client presentations.
- Oversee on-site staff.
- Work with Technical Directors and Production Coordinator to manage on-site production schedules and on-site rehearsal schedules.
- Conduct daily safety briefings with Technical Director.
- Work with team to manage Room Director and Graphics Operator schedules (as needed)
- Work with Production Coordinator to provide photo selects for client and internal use and to deliver post-conference media to client (as needed)
- Have final budget meeting with client, reconcile final budget and submit final invoice to client.
- Ensure documents are organized and saved to Tencue server.
- Live Event Budget Management experience
- Team management experience and experience working with remote teams
- Decision making and delegation skills
- Time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard office apps (MS Office Suite & Acrobat Familiarity with Apple Suite Keynote/pages)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full time position
- Health & Dental Insurance (choice of plans)
- 100% Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Opportunity to elect additional life insurance and LTD insurance at employee expense
- Paid parental leave
- Opportunity to contribute pre-tax dollars to flexible spending accounts
- Flexibility in work schedules
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity to engage and advance the agencies JEDI (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) initiatives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Requires flexible schedule to meet client deadlines and requirements
- Will require travel for site surveys and on-site project management in addition to show site locations
- Manage the number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- There will be times when some lifting of supplies and materials are needed
Opus Agency and Tencue do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Like everyone else across the US and around the world – Opus/MAS/Tencue has and continues to monitor the on-going spread of COVID-19 – with the health and safety of both our teams and clients as a number one priority. Opus/MAS/Tencue implemented a policy that requires all employees (with limited exceptions) to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to employment.
Posted: 11 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $49,046 - $71,561
Location: Beaverton, OR