Senior Web Developer
Share this job
SVGs not supported by this browser.
Mod Op is a 360-degree, full-service advertising agency with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Portland, Dallas, and Panama City, Panama. We believe in teamwork, client collaboration, powerful storytelling, stunning design, and thoughtful problem-solving. We are a full 360° company that provides strategy, design and production across all channels. Because our clients represent a breadth of industries, every project presents fun, new and interesting challenges. We are committed to process, working smart and enjoying the work we do.
You're a well-rounded developer who has architected websites and web applications for the last few years. You've had a chance to work with a team of developers and worked closely with other team members with specialties in project management, design and quality assurance.
You've been through the agile process and know how to work with the team to break down complex architecture into user stories. You're comfortable working closely with both internal and external members of the team to speak to the technical decisions needed for the project.
You're constantly learning and growing in your skills, you have a positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others. You are not afraid to ask for help; you understand deadlines and you can complete a variety of tasks throughout different projects.
WHAT WE NEED:
- You’re located in Miami, FL. We want you to cohabitate with us in a productive and respectful environment. You should also be comfortable with communicating and participating in video calls with the team while working remotely.
- At least 5 years of professional experience leading and architecting web projects
WHAT YOU KNOW:
- Develop responsive, accessible, high-quality websites and web applications using modern workflows and tools.
- You have experience with WordPress theme development, plugins and other custom development.
- You have experience with at least one backend technology such as Node.JS, PHP, Java or Ruby.
- You have experience with third-party integrations, APIs and back-end services.
- You have experience developing in Agile workflows.
- You are knowledgeable in version control (Git).
- You are able to work with distributed team members in other offices or countries.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services including EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, and WP Engine.
- Prior experience with relational database systems and SQL.
- Prior experience with WooCommerce.
- Prior experience with Gatsby.
- Prior experience with React.
- REST APIs, especially the WordPress REST API.
- Comfortable using Figma and InVision.
- General experience with web server technology (Apache, NGNIX, Serverless).
- Prior experience with Shopify and liquid templates.
- Fluency in Spanish
WHAT WE GIVE:
- A lot in terms of training, investment, growth plans, access to partners, and a significant career trajectory
- Great team environment, collaborative offices and opportunity to travel
- Salary with yearly review and competitive health benefits along with other incentives
- Paid holidays and vacation, including the period between Christmas and New Years
- Pay commensurate and competitive based on experience and skill set
- Health, dental and vision benefits, company 401k
Apply for this job
Posted: 23 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Miami , FL