Senior Full Stack Wordpress Engineer - Remote
Share this job
SVGs not supported by this browser.
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Senior Full Stack WordPress Engineer.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Engineer at Kanopi Studios, you are instrumental in delivering outstanding digital experiences to our clients. This role is varied and can include anything from deeply technical custom integrations to strategic improvements on existing sites. Your day-to-day includes spending your time hands-on developing and collaborating on sites while staying accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
Your typical work week might include:
- Understanding the business goals and needs of your clients for sites you support.
- Making smart technical design decisions and tradeoffs that consider your clients’ business requirements.
- Expertly crafting custom front- or back-end solutions in WordPress
- End-to-end responsibilities for engineering work on complex projects.
- Contributing to our common code libraries.
- Writing tests and contributing to test cases.
- Technical planning and execution of new features on existing sites.
- Building against an established suite of user stories for large-scale projects.
- Proactively identifying issues and technical limitations and communicating clearly across agency functional areas.
- Clearly document code and processes to communicate your technical decisions.
- Mentoring new and developing engineers.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $75,400-$105,600 - the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of related WordPress experience.
- Have worked in an agency environment, preferably in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends.
- Show strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, and initiative.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern development workflows, including use of the command line, gitflow, containers, and dev/stage/prod environments.
- Deeply understand modern web standards and technologies.
- Exhibit thoughtful, inclusive, and articulate communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Have some React.js or Vue experience (this would be an awesome plus).
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team. Some candidates may even do a paid mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Apply for this job