Business Operations Manager
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We enable impact-focused organizations to rethink experiences and create digital products that solve their problems and delight users. Our diverse team brings a breadth of technical expertise, user-centric perspectives, and product strategy to every engagement. As a certified B-Corporation, we are driven by our fierce commitment to the betterment of humanity. Our clients include CARE International, QURE Healthcare, San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing, and Hopelab.
Exygy has embraced a work from home philosophy and we are now a remote-first company. This role can be located anywhere in the U.S and may occasionally require traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area for meetings or team building events. Exygy remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular zoom workshops and trainings.
About the Role
Exygy is seeking a Business Operations Manager to join our team. In this role, you will work across our functional teams, including Product, Design, Engineering, Growth, and Finance to ensure we are delivering our client services work efficiently and effectively.
You will be the “flight controller” who leverages data and your experience to coordinate all of our current and prospective client projects. You have the organizational skills to collect project staffing needs across our clients and the facilitation strength to work with the functional teams to staff the projects. More than maximizing efficiency, Exygy is looking for a person passionate about creating a working cadence that is good for people and good for business. In other words, this role will require seeing staff capacity in more than data and numbers but also in aligning cross-functional teamwork with our teams’ areas of expertise, interests, and career growth while meeting client deliverables in a timely manner.
As the Business Operations Manager, you constantly seek out ways to improve our processes so that we consistently deliver quality impactful products to our clients and our internal team has the capacity to do their best and most innovative work. This role is the glue that keeps the business moving forward and requires the person to consistently pulse-check the happiness, utilization, and capacity of cross-functional team members. By being the “flight controller,” you’re a key part of helping Exygy continue to deliver our best work with our partners, clients, and contractors and use design and technology to improve lives.
*** Applications close July 22, 2022 ***
What you will be doing
- Facilitate accurate project staffing and budgeting estimations by working with the Finance, Growth, and Functional teams to standardize project staffing and capacity estimation tools and methodology.
- Orchestrate the delivery team’s staffing by tracking incoming project demands from our Growth team and coordinating with Functional leads to staff, onboard, and off board projects to ensure seamless transitions throughout.
- Forecast the delivery team’s availability to inform the Growth team’s marketing and sales strategy and Leadership’s hiring projections.
- Protect and advocate for an equitable delivery team capacity by understanding the team’s workload across functions and working with Functional leads to make recommendations when additional hires are needed.
- Ensure consistent and accurate tracking and quality of data across all active client projects by standardizing our project management tool suite (e.g. Harvest, Forecast, project presentations) and creating new data analysis mechanisms to project staff capacity and utilization.
- Support in making business decisions by using data to provide insights into how Functional teams’ time is being utilized across billable and non-billable activities.
- Present insights from staff utilization to other functions (Growth, Product, Design, Engineering, Leadership) on a regular basis so that they can make decisions grounded on data.
- On an as-needed basis, carry out project management activities on client projects, which may include setting up staff capacity data tracking tools, establishing meeting governance, ensuring the delivery team is completing work according to SOWs, timeline, and approving invoices.
- Support the Growth team in staffing the proposal teams, facilitating the project scoping and cost estimation based on data collected from past projects, and related marketing activities requiring cross-functional collaboration.
- Constantly iterate and experiment with ways to improve and scale our processes as our teams grow.
- Participating in a variety of cross-functional initiatives across the organization that touch all aspects of the organization including Design, Engineering, Operations, Business Development, Marketing, Finance, People, Legal, and more.
- 2-4+ years in a Business Operations or Project Management role. Experience with setting up Project Management Offices (PMO) and staffing projects for client services organizations such as a consulting firm, full-service digital agency, or similar environment.
- Approach staffing and project management with an empathetic and equitable lens that creates a safe and sustainable environment for cross-functional team members to thrive and do their best work.
- Strong experience within the design and technology field and familiarity with how product, design, and engineering teams collaborate to deliver digital solutions.
- Experience with digital metrics and analytics, and extracting insight from data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as facilitative leadership skills.
- Ability to empathize with, influence, and motivate individuals. Along with the ability to stay calm and responsive under pressure, managing change fluidly.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent management and organization skills. Able to keep track of many moving parts while smoothly adapting to new information or disruptions to the plan.
- Experience with collecting, managing, and using data to make sound business decisions.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to evaluate the current state, find opportunities for improvement, and develop a project plan for strong execution.
- Commitment to the betterment of humanity. Passionate about being part of a team that uses technology to build healthier and more resilient communities.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with scoping, estimating, and tracking digital product projects.
- Hands-on experience with a growing organization and business developmentFamiliar with the Google Suite, particularly Google Sheets, and project management applications.
- Thrives in a self-organized environment.
- Can balance working independently while regularly communicating updates and coordinating dependencies with other teams.
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties, but got there in a different way, please apply.
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $90,000 - $100,000. Exygy offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with employer match; professional development budget; home office budget and wifi credit; monthly wellness stipend; unlimited paid time off; profit-sharing bonuses and paid volunteer time.
EEO & Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are actively seeking to create a diverse and equitable work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.
Apply for this job
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 18 Days Ago
Size: Small (11-50)
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Location: San Francisco, CA