About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions,Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR),is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
Digital Marketing is a critical part of every consumer journey, but many companies only measure its impact on their digital outcomes. Our approach to optimization of search channels at Ovative Group can’t be found anywhere else. We measure and optimize search marketing campaigns at the enterprise level to a KPI we call enterprise marketing return (EMR), an ROI-focused approach that measures the holistic impact of our channels.
EMR includes revenue from ecommerce/in-store channels, value of new customer acquisition, incrementality, and margins. Our clients are household names that span multiple industries, including retail, social networking platforms, healthcare, education, CPG, and hospitality.
The Ovative Group Analyst, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) position is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to take on an early stage, leadership role at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success. The ideal candidate demonstrates great critical thinking, solid understanding of the digital media landscape, and is motivated by driving results for our clients. Their role will play a pivotal role in helping Ovative continue our journey toward measuring and optimizing to the true enterprise impact, not solely ecommerce impacts.
Responsibilities of a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst
- Performance-driven SEO program management & execution:
- Possess deep, results-oriented SEO subject matter expertise with a proven track record of driving organic performance in enterprise settings
- Consistently develop high-impact SEO strategies to grow our client’s organic search performance
- Lead day-to-day management of client Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs across an enterprise client portfolio including:
- Technical auditing and optimizations on large sites (>100k pages)
- On-page optimization activities, such as keyword research, metadata development, internal linking, and more
- Off-page optimization activities, such as link building, link reclamation, and outreach
- Content activities, such as content auditing, gap analysis, strategy execution, and more
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Ability to work closely with client-side implementation teams (development, product/UX, content, etc) to define requirements and brainstorm solutions to a variety of SEO recommendations
- Be effective in driving change – navigate ambiguity and large organizations with ease to maximize the impact of our work
- Regular analysis and effective communication of program performance at granular levels to audiences ranging from day-to-day stakeholders up to C-suite
- Client relationship management:
- Seek to understand the client’s business/industry and understand how their work connects to the broader project and client goals
- Lead day-to-day management of client organic search programs including:
- Clearly defining program objectives, tactics, and KPIs
- Developing and delivering client communication
- Effectively manage client relationship and establish trust and credibility
- Effectively influence client stakeholders to evolve strategies and measurement approach to drive enterprise impact
- Deliver Ovative’s unique client experience by making their Ovative interactions the best part of their day
- Cross-functional strategy & thought leadership:
- Act as a subject matter expert for SEO strategies by continually evolving Ovative’s approach to best practices, vetting and partnering with new technology companies, managing planning and execution tools, and staying on top of emerging trends
- Develop and drive forward multi-channel digital media strategies and roadmaps aligned with client program growth goals
- Understand and find synergies across digital channels within the client mix in partnership with other team members
- Team involvement and employee development:
- Manage work independently with initial direction from manager
- Regularly speak up, ask questions and express your POV
- Recruit, train and manage new Ovative team members
- Foster a culture of open communication and 360-degree feedback
- 1+ years of experience directly responsible for enterprise-level SEO related programs
- Proven track record of success driving strong positive results through SEO programs
- Proven mastery of the following:
- Performance-based, direct-response SEO strategies
- All analytics tools (Adobe analytics, Google Analytics / Google Search Console, server log analysis, etc)
- Visibility monitoring tools (STAT, Conductor/Brightedge, etc), Auditing tools (DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, Botify, etc), Keyword research tools (Adwords, Ahrefs, SEMRush, etc, and other analysis tools
- Deep understanding of critical crawling/indexing/rendering factors
- Understanding of schema.org structured markup, page speed optimizations, and other scalable technical tactics
- Local search optimization platforms (Yext, Rio, etc)
- Writing/reading code (HTML, JS, etc) a strong plus
- Previous experience in enterprise SEO programs, performance marketing, retail, eCommerce, etc. preferred
- Strong digital agency experience or digital lead on the client-side
- Great communication and client management skills
- Sound conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and drive efforts from start to finish
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Analyst positions, our compensation ranges from $48,000 to $72,000, which is inclusive of a 10% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work.
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace five-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 4 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $48,000 - $72,000
Location: Minneapolis, MN