Mas Art Director
Position at MAS
Title: Art Director
Employment type: Freelance to Permanent
Reporting to: Creative Director/EVP Of Creative
WHO WE ARE
MAS is an event and experiential marketing agency working with some of the world’s most influential brands to design, create, and manage their most important events (both IRL and virtual) and experiential programs. We partner with our clients to build fully integrated, highly effective teams that create remarkable experiences and activations around the world.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The experiential Art Director will be responsible for the overall event look and feel, as well as build-drawings and other deliverables associated with event design. You will be required to liaise and engage with vendors and clients as necessary to accomplish all of these deliverables and work within the agency's team with both full time and freelance resources as necessary.
- Concept and design of all elements throughout the experience
- Implementing overall look/feel for events.
- Technical drawings for all build elements, ie. 3D mockups, floor plans, show models
- Site layouts for permitting and production purposes
- Oversee decor sourcing and provide direction
- Provide direction to scenic vendors and manage material selection
- Oversight of the build process to ensure quality and accuracy true to drawings.
- Onsite artistic direction to ensure accurate concept implementation
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Must have a Portfolio displaying work examples
- 4+ years of proven, hands-on creative leadership as an art director or in an artistic profession
- Freelance experience or corporate client relationship experience
- Integrated marketing and event experience
- Experience with architecture, 3D designs, CAD, Cinema4D or equivalent interior and product design
- Experience designing for installations, booths, pop-ups, mobile tours, large scale sets and stages for corporate events, concerts, and festivals.
- Graphics design skills with deep knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Experience coordinating activities with other artistic and creative individuals
- Flexibility and adaptability to a wide range of clients and experiences from IRL to hybrid to the digital space
- Understanding of brand identity and how to weave it into creative work appropriately
- Time management as well as willingness to put in the time to meet client and internal deadlines.
- Ability to work within G Suite.
- Display a positive attitude in all interactions with internal and external teams.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist colleagues with projects and tasks outside of job requirements.
Around 30% of the time, domestic depending on COVID compliance and personal flexibility.
Other Duties and Acknowledgement
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Opus Agency does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.