Office Manager - New York Office
Office Manager – New York Office
LOCATION: New York, NY (Manhattan)
Finn Partners, an award-winning PR and marketing communications agency, is seeking an Office Manager for our worldwide headquarters in New York City. The Office Manager is an important touchpoint for employees, clients and guests, serving as behind-the-scenes problem solver, a team champion, and a go-to resource for office needs.
The ideal candidate is a multi-tasker that enjoys helping colleagues and ensuring smooth daily office administrative operations. They have a positive can-do, client service attitude and can take initiative in completing tasks that ensure efficient office operations. The Office Manager also resolves issues for employees, clients and guests; partners with maintenance and building management to resolve facility matters; and, ensures employees are directed to the proper departments to resolve office-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- General oversight of the office facility and day-to-day office/administrative operations
- Providing direction and leadership to reception and clerical staff to ensure smooth operations for outgoing and incoming calls, shipping and receiving, in-office meetings, etc.
- Liaise with building management representatives and oversee property and staff safety procedures
- Ensure that the office’s public-facing and common areas are organized and tidy
- Manage and order office supplies for re-stocking. Ensure office supply area is neatly organized, stock is clearly labeled, and inventory is effectively managed and distributed to employees as required
- Ensure employee Fuel Bar (break area) is properly stocked and neatly organized, food items are stored following proper food safety protocols, and authorized supplies are re-ordered as needed
- Manage the catering and meeting room set-up for all on-site meetings and office gatherings
- Ensure facility conference rooms and meeting spaces are properly booked, equipped, and set-up for internal and client meetings
- Develop and implement office procedures to streamline processes and increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and eliminate redundancies in office administration
- Create and manage the budget for New York office expenses, including equipment and related purchase/maintenance, procurement of supplies, travel and entertainment andin-office event guest food/beverages. Provide regular updates to the CFO regarding budget status.
- Assist with administration of contracts, leases and other purchases of New York office equipment or office services, as needed
- Execute events and activities for the New York office employees to maintain the thriving Finn Partners culture
- Minimum of 3 years of prior Office Manager experience; preference with public relations/marketing agency or other service industry office environment
- Ability to lift and deliver inter-office boxes, packages, etc. some as much as 30 lbs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); email and calendar systems; Internet-based teleconference tools (e.g., Zoom, Skype)
- Ability to work onsite in the company’s New York City office; travel in and around the city (including the outer boroughs and suburbs) to meet with vendors, complete errands/tasks, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work; meet deadlines
- Quicky adapt to changing work situations and a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills, including active listening and ability to deliver verbal and written communications to staff and senior management
- Experience working with and assisting employees at all levels of a company, from administrative to C-Suite staff
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive office matters
(This is an in-office based role. It is not a hybrid or work remotely position.) Please upload your resume and cover letter and indicate desired salary; while we respect your willingness to be flexible, we seek your reply to our salary question in an answer of $US dollars. We will only respond to those candidates with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 89 Days Ago
Size: Large (501-1,000)
Location: New York, NY