Position at MAS
Title: Creative Director
Employment type: Full-Time
Reporting to: EVP of Creative
WHO WE ARE
MAS is an event and experiential marketing agency working with some of the world’s most influential brands to design, create, and manage their most important events (both IRL and virtual) and experiential programs. We partner with our clients to build fully integrated, highly effective teams that create remarkable experiences and activations around the world.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you a natural storyteller? Smart, strategic thinker? Information junkie? A tech and new media svengali? With awesome writing skills and a great eye? If so, we want to meet you. We’re looking for someone who lives for the technology space and has a creative and entrepreneurial drive.
The Creative Director will lead MAS teams to develop amazing experiences (both IRL and Virtual) that drive our clients’ brands. The Creative Director needs to have a Broadway director’s sense of theatrical surprise. He/she needs to know their way around the customer experience, and have a deep appreciation for design, digital UX, film and video, and pure aesthetic genius.
- Form a comprehensive understanding of your clients’ business needs.
- Lead teams to develop the big, glorious, smart, brand-focused ideas.
- Be perceived as a thought leader to your clients, throughout MAS, and in the creative community.
- Pitch your work with intelligence and energy.
- Efficiently express those ideas across all media types – consumer, retail, live events, digital, social, mobile, and environmental.
- Manage and mentor your team of Art Directors, Animators and Graphic Designers to concept initial ideas and storyboards..
- Operate with integrity and enthusiasm that drives MAS amazing culture.
- Manage deliverables for multiple events at any given time.
- Stay up to date on any new technologies / development on platforms for virtual events
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 7+ years of proven, hands-on creative leadership
- Passion for our craft
- Integrated marketing and event experience
- Strategy, writing experience, with a strong knowledge of design, architecture and new technologies
- Understand how to generate the “big idea” or recognize it when it comes from your team
- Experience working with Fortune 100 clients
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility and adaptability to a wide range of clients.
- Understanding of brand identity and how to weave it into creative work appropriately.
- Time management as well as willingness to put in the time to meet client and internal deadlines.
- Ability to work within G Suite.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well on a team.
- Display a positive attitude in all interactions with internal and external teams.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist colleagues with projects and tasks outside of job requirements.
Around 30% of the time, domestic depending on COVID compliance and personal flexibility.
Other Duties and Acknowledgement
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Opus Agency does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.