Position at Opus
Job Title: Executive Producer
Reports to: VP Experience Production
WHO WE ARE
Opus Agencypartners with world-shaping brands like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Salesforce to catalyze movements through shared experiences. Crafted through our end-to-end capabilities and propelled from the epicenter of events, content, and community, these experiences are renowned for accelerating momentum—and success—for everyone involved.
Built across four decades, we scale excellence at the forefront of focused strategy, fearless creativity, emerging technology, and agile delivery. Today, as the flagship ofThe Opus Group, our team members are outperforming from hubs throughout the United States, in the heart of London, and around the world.
If you embody our cultural pillars—if you can bring versatility, embody optimism, elevate integrity, catalyze curiosity, and own excellence—then join us in fueling the future of brand movements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The role of Executive Producer is to own an overall event and be responsible for its execution and success. The Executive Producer creates and maintains budgets, builds documents, manages the team and executes the event from start to finish. The Executive Producer will be one of the main client liaisons, will lead multiple teams and initiatives, and be the owner of the financial success of the project. The Executive Producer will provide strategic, creative, and technical direction and deliver success to our clients.
Within Opus, this role will require futuristic thinking and support additional growth initiatives. This role may grow to own a specific client account where the EP role shifts to work with clients closely on their overall event portfolio and manage multiple project teams for that account.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 10+ years of Executive Producer experience in a client-facing role
- Proven experience managing multi-faceted, complex budgets
- Proven experience managing multiple sub vendors across numerous project workstreams
- Ability to manage all production elements including creative, media, digital components
- Ability to travel as needed to ensure customer success and program oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to directly manage clients and client relationships
- Attention to detail in regard to all production details including schedules, budget , communication with the team, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a large team of vendors and event staff
- Ability to read, interpret and fulfill client agreements
- Ability to work well under pressure within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent business and report-writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Establish a relationship of trust and partnership with the client
- Be a strategic consultant and give thoughtful guidance to the client
- Manage overall financial performance and maintain tight control over the project budget
- Review forecast to actuals and assist in financial reporting and oversight on an ongoing basis
- Lead your teams with respect and open communication
- Manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Manage all partners and sub-vendors relationships
- Communicate consistently with core internal Opus project teams
- Define and refine processes for key partner performance and staffing assignments
- Work closely with your Technical Director to analyze and fulfill the equipment and labor requirements
- Lead ongoing vendor price negotiations and relationships to enhance gross margin contributions
- Travel when required
- Business or Job-Specific Knowledge
- Decision Making
- Time Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Task/project management skills
- Customer centric mentality
- Interpersonal Communication skills
- Presentation Skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical Skills
- Ethics, Integrity, Values
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full time position
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Health & Dental Insurance (choice of plans)
- 100% Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Opportunity to elect additional life insurance and LTD insurance at employee expense
- Paid parental leave
- Opportunity to contribute pre-tax dollars to flexible spending accounts
- 401(K) with employer match
- Flexibility in work schedules
- Generous time off
OTHER DUTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee/ candidate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Opus Agency does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Like everyone else across the US and around the world – Opus/MAS/Tencue has and continues to monitor the on-going spread of COVID-19 – with the health and safety of both our teams and clients as a number one priority. Opus/MAS/Tencue implemented a policy that requires all employees (with limited exceptions) to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to employment.