Director of SEO
Go Fish Digital is looking for a highly experienced, seasoned Search Engine Optimization professional to join the leadership team of our incredibly strong and fast-growing SEO department. Our team is composed of some of the best minds in search. The right person will have years of experience leading SEO for a variety of clients or brands, including enterprise-level companies.
- Ensure success across a number of SEO projects
- Professionally handle escalated client issues and concerns
- Be directly involved on several key projects, while staying informed on all other projects and providing input, and stepping in when needed
- Identify new strategies and approaches for the department
- Manage staffing needs and the hiring process
- Develop training plans and ensure new-hire success and employee career development
- Review tools and manage negotiations with key tool vendors and service providers
- Work in a very collaborative team setting
- Be very active in the broader SEO community as well as your local digital marketing community
- Have deep knowledge of Google Analytics (and be GA certified) and many other technical SEO tools
- Set the tone and be responsible for the morale of the team
You should have some or all of the following attributes and experience:
- 6+ years managing SEO projects for an array of websites, including enterprise-level companies
- A high degree of technical capabilities that are applicable to SEO projects
- Experience managing a team
- A history of public speaking and being an industry thought leader
- Keen attention to detail and an obsession with producing high-quality, error-free, impactful deliverables
Communication is key, and messages won’t sit in your inbox for long before receiving a well-crafted response. As leadership, you’ll be sure your team can always count on you to be there when they need you.
Our office is located in downtown Raleigh. We offer a flexible work schedule, so you'll be able to work about 40% remotely (home, coffee shop, etc) and 60% in the office with the rest of the team.
However, if you are located outside of Raleigh, NC we are accepting resumes for a 100% remote position.
Benefits & Culture
Go Fish Digital offers great health care benefits (with a significant portion paid by the company) and a flexible, balanced work schedule. With our trusting and flexible work culture comes responsibility, so you’ll need to be the type of worker who is disciplined enough to get things done without someone watching over your shoulder. We are looking for someone to bring great ideas to the table, and to work above and beyond our core hours of 8:00 to 4:00 each day when needed.
Go Fish Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that when our team members can be their authentic selves at work, our community becomes more confident, creative, and productive.
Instructions for Applying
In addition to your resume, you must write a custom one-page cover letter. If the website you're using to apply doesn't allow you to attach a separate cover letter, combine it with your resume into a single document. This is extremely important, as you will not be considered without a cover letter. This ensures you can follow directions and have read all the way down to here. ?
We'll read your cover letter first, so really personalize it and let it showcase your personality and strengths. This should not be a stiff, boilerplate piece of writing. Be real, be yourself, and make us want to learn more about you. Stand out from the crowd!
(Seriously, we eliminate any applicant who doesn’t follow these cover letter instructions. Don't skip it.)