Senior Art Director
Senior Art Director | NYC, Denver, LA
Movement Strategy is seeking a Senior Art Director to bring a highly-stylized brand positioning campaign to life, leading pre-production and social content creation for one of the top entertainment companies. While this is a brand campaign, there is a specific focus on social content, primarily photo and video production. You’ll work closely with our Creative Director and Content Producer to shepherd campaign concepts from pre-production to post-production and distribution.
Candidates need to have a strong visual portfolio, demonstrate on-set experience, work with top-tier film directors and production studios, developing campaigns with stylized and provocative art direction. Must have a passion for the digital and social media space, as well as a love for the intersection of marketing and entertainment.
Movement Strategy is an independent, social-first creative agency with hybrid offices in NYC, Denver, and LA. We’re a diverse group of passionate and creative thinkers who appreciate fresh perspectives, and strive to be the brains behind the best social channels. We work closely with several leading brands across a variety of industries, with a growing client roster including WB Looney Tunes, Amazon, Netflix, and Klarna to name a few. We believe the best creative ideas are backed by strong cultural insights, and we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve.
As a Senior Art Director, you’ll be the glue, working with internal, client, and production teams to conceptualize, actualize, and deliver campaign content to the world. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Conceptualizing smaller content ideas that ladder up to a brand campaign
- Bringing photo and video concepts to life across social, including: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Facebook
- Owning deck design and mood board imagery for production designers
- Designing mockups (social insitu) in Google Slides
- Developing photo + video shot lists and being present on set, to ensure creative vision comes to life across all campaign deliverables
- Working with internal + external Editing teams to produce video cutdowns
- Watching documentary films and docuseries related to the campaign
- 5–7 Years of relevant agency experience
- Strong social content design skills, including motion and static photography
- Deep understanding of the nuances of mobile + desktop viewing behaviors and the aspect ratios needed to design visual content that meet social best practices
- Strong knowledge of Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Tiktok
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Google Suite
- Experience working with top tier directors and production studios
- Basic understanding of AfterEffects and Premiere workflow
- Ability to oversee multiple work streams from idea to execution and distribution, independently, with little oversight
- Positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with others
- You’re a voracious film watcher; with a love for non-fiction storytelling
- You have a passion for conceptual art and music videos
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital and social space, constantly looking for opportunities to stand out and hack new features
- You’re passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- You’re organized, and your attention to detail is unmatched
- You know how to hustle
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.