Vp Of Growth Marketing Strategy & Planning
Springbox, a Prophet company, is a fast growing, Austin-based agency that helps our clients realize their growth potential through human-centered customer experiences and performance-driven campaigns. We bring ideas to life in ways that meaningfully engage customers by blending our deep expertise in UX and performance marketing to surpass our clients' expectations and to meet their goals time and time again.
Springbox is a place where you – and your ideas – have the space and support to thrive. We foster collaboration and respect everyone’s diverse skills to build solutions that our teams can be proud of while driving our clients forward. And being a part of Prophet means we solve a range of problems, allowing you to apply your skills in different ways while exposing you to paths you may not have considered. Here, you’ll grow with good people and have the opportunity to pursue goals that push you forward both professionally and personally.
About the Job:
We are seeking a VP of Growth Marketing Strategy & Planning to lead the creation and optimization of best-in-class marketing programs for our clients. You will build and oversee the development of communications strategies and plans that help our clients reach their goals, using your digital marketing, omni-channel, and audience empathy skills to define breakthrough ways to engage and move people to action.
You will lead and collaborate with a team of planners, analysts, content specialists, experience designers, and media experts through the strategic planning to activation process, bringing our unique, end-to-end specialties together to drive accelerated performance outcomes.
As a part of Prophet, you’ll be a strategic connector, a translator of their brand and marketing strategies into successful go-to-market programs. You’ll participate in the creation of shared IP and devise ways to have greater impact together.
And as a key functional leader, you’ll contribute to our continued advancement as a best-in-class growth focused agency - teaching others best practices, developing ways to do what we do better, and finding creative solutions to clients’ growth challenges.
We are looking for a highly collaborative problem solver with mastery of modern marketing practices and proven application for both B2B and B2C clients. This position requires someone with management and leadership experience, someone who is ready to further build and advance our strategic planning capability.
- As a functional leader:
- Be a thought leader on modern communications practices- digital and content marketing, audience and target insights, channels and experience interactions.
- Lead the development of growth strategy and planning talent, determining talent gaps and hiring to fill these gaps as well as develop paths to achieve core competency excellence.
- Refine existing and develop new frameworks and processes to guide growth planning inputs and outputs, enabling consistent delivery and scaled business development.
- Work with fellow Springbox and Prophet functional and platform leaders to connect processes and thinking to scale advancement of how we effectively plan, engage and convert our clients’ target audiences.
- Establish and integrate an outcomes-based orientation across the planning, analytics and media teams, ensuring integrated performance measurement plans are in place and assessed to inform ongoing optimization opportunities for media clients.
- Consult with Prophet Partners on approaches and pitches for new business opportunities that require growth planning expertise.
- Make presentations internally and externally to support ongoing education of staff and clients on the capabilities of the team and how we can help.
- As a strategy lead and manager for client delivery:
- Translate strategic opportunities into specific recommendations and roadmaps that solve brand, communications and experience problems.
- Manage analysts and planners in support of the strategy development process, defining and overseeing their work across key accounts and projects.
- Lead client immersion and discovery to confirm market, audience and brand opportunities aligned to clients’ business and marketing goals.
- Lead development and facilitation of workshops to align clients on inputs and possibilities for strategic initiatives, including audience definition, brand development, messaging, content and experience design.
- Develop custom research designs, including primary, secondary and data based research to inform your recommendations.
- Brief and collaborate with creative, media and design teams to develop campaign concepts, content themes, and integrated media plans.
- Lead immersion into clients’ existing channel ecosystems, audience behaviors and competitive assessments to determine ideal state channel mix, channel charters and content types, including SEO/Organic, Social/Earned, Web/Email/Owned, and Paid (on/offline) channels.
- 15+ years of experience in a marketing and/or digital strategy roles with emphasis in growth marketing (demand/lead generation, campaign design, measurement/optimization)
- 8+ years experience as a people manager and/or team leader
- Prefer previous agency and/or consulting experience.
- Experience finding lead insights from diverse and robust data sources including search, social, web data and client provided documentation.
- Comfort with setting up, performing and evaluating output from primary, secondary, and behavioral research methods.
- Familiarity with digital marketing and acquisition touchpoints, including SEO, SEM, paid search, content marketing, email and social media marketing and their roles in driving behavior.
- Marketing, communications, or related degree required.
How You Work:
- Effective team leader and manager who can simplify the complex and lead by example.
- Comfortable working in highly flexible environments; able to regularly switch gears from brand-to-brand and partner with other team members/departments to meet deadlines.
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills; able to clearly articulate and sell your strategies in relatable and convincing ways.
- Knowledgeable of modern marketing and digital-based storytelling practices.
- Self-starter with a passion for continual learning.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
Other Jobs You Might Be Interested In
Posted: 5 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Austin, TX