Senior Copywriter | LA, NY, Denver
Movement Strategy is seeking a Freelance Senior Copywriter to lead ideation and copywriting with a specific focus on social content for a holiday campaign for one of our clients. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director to pitch concepts that drive content production and write social copy including organic posts and reactive content. Helping to craft a social voice and direct community management will also be a part of this role.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for the digital and social media space—with a specific passion for TikTok. We are looking for someone with experience helping to bring a brand voice and tone to life through two-way social dialogue, and someone who has experience concepting original and remixed content.
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 13-year, with 130+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, and Warner Bros.
As a freelance senior copywriter, you’ll work closely with our Creative Director to conceptualize, write and shepherd through content. Your day-to-day tasks will including:
- Concepting remixed video content in new and ingenious ways
- Concepting creative briefs for influencer and creator led content
- Monitoring daily social trends for reactive content opportunities
- Craft an ownable TOV for social
- Writing for social channels including TikTok, Instagram,, and YouTube
- Conceptualizing on larger, campaign-level ideas and content
- 3–5 Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum one-year agency experience preferred
- Strong conceptual writing as well as screenwriting skills
- Strong comedic writing experience; you can find the humor in anything
- Thorough understanding of social platforms and their strengths
- Strong background in CPG backgrounds.
- You’re a voracious TikTok consumer and creator that is current on the platforms trends
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- You have a special skill or talent that you can bring to your work (singing, hand lettering, embroidery, etc)
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.