Manager – Registration And Event Technology
Position at Opus
The Manager – Registration and Event Technology will serve as both a lead and consultant on medium to large scale in-person and/or digital events simultaneously, including and up to marquis events with 10,000+ attendees / 200,000 digital attendees and other high-touch projects. This role is responsible for project managing event registration and digital platforms, which includes working with clients and other stakeholders to build effective event experiences (registration tools builds, digital platforms, attendee-facing event tech/tool suites), overseeing vendors, and actively managing the attendee registration process.
This role manages the digital experiences of events in their entirety, in some cases independently and in other cases leading or in conjunction with a team. This role will lead and supervise Opus employees filling event support roles on projects and ensure that planning schedules are met, budgets are balanced, correct Opus processes are being implemented, and that client needs are anticipated and exceeded.
This is a client-facing role, which will work directly alongside Opus Project Managers, Technical Architects, and Attendee Support personnel to deliver unforgettable experiences and delight our Fortune 100 & 500 corporate clientele.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-5 Years of Management-level experience in a relevant role is required, depending on type of experience. The following industry experience is highly preferred:
- Event registration management for large conferences
- Experience with registration tools, e.g., Cvent, eventcore, RainFocus, Swoogo, etc. preferred and/or
- Experience with digital event platforms and tools, e.g., MeetingPlay, Hopin, Microsoft Teams
- Project Management, client-facing
- Corporate Event Management with focus on Registration and/or content management systems
- Technology projects, e.g., website development, app development, databases, online tools
- Proven experience in management of high-touch projects or events successfully from concept to execution
- Bachelor's degree from four-year institution is preferred.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently manages and supervises all assigned tasks on a variety of events including multi-day events.
- Works as lead on large events (approx. 10,000 in person, 200,000 digital)
- Able to lead high-touch, complex client meetings that involve multiple clients and stakeholders.
- Effectively manages relationships with clients and vendors
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership, expertise, management, and consultation skills when conducting business with clients, vendors, and Opus team members.
- Consults clients on registration website builds and digital tool configuration, and actively participates in scoping of custom events, at least in area of focus
- Demonstrates proficiency in using known and new digital tools and platforms, including understanding how functionality impacts user experience and troubleshooting technical solutions
- Thoroughly completes all projects within hourly goal and budgetary requirements by identifying and utilizing the most efficient methods to execute each project and task.
- Participates in client and sales demos and technical discussions, typically for their area of expertise. Confidence in presenting oneself.
- Initiates internal team trainings and creates or improves upon department resources/processes
- Regularly uses advanced Excel formulas, and is able to create, edit, and present upon reports to client team
- Can provide critical, constructive feedback to colleagues in a professional manner
Technical Project Management Focus
- Creates a workback timeline and organizational documents with the project management and client teams; ensures the timeline is followed.
- Understands all areas of a digital event and event registration (finance, housing, web) at a high-level and can speak intelligently to clients on these areas
- Coordinates content, maintains functionality, and manages registration website/digital tools timelines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Recognizes the need for documentation improvement, takes ownership in actively improving said documents; strong participant in team and client meetings, regularly suggesting/preparing topics for discussion/presentation; demos registration website and digital event platform functionality
- EVENT EXECUTION: Supervises onsite team, acts as a point of contact for the client as needed
- EVENT EXECUTION: Develops attendee support plans on own or in conjunction with Customer Service Lead, including technical training materials and FAQs
- EVENT EXECUTION: Is adaptable and can quickly identify when to change processes onsite in escalation situations
- EVENT EXECUTION/ONSITE: Can manage large areas of registration requiring multiple kiosks, badge printers and giveaways
- EVENT EXECUTION/ONSITE: Understands badge security plans and can create new plans as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Microsoft Office suite program experience (Outlook, Excel, OneNote); Excel and spreadsheet experience strongly preferred
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills, email & memo writing.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously.
- Successfully perform in high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Work cooperatively with other employees, vendors, and clients.
- Portray professional presence through superior communication, presentation, promptness, and appearance.
- Language Skills - Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, customers, or the public. Ability to interact both on a one-to-one and group basis.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to create, monitor and understand budgets, debits, credits, and reconciliation.
- Reasoning Skills - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position requires travel to execute/attend events. Air travel and overnight stays are required.
OTHER DUTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee/ candidate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Opus Agency does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Like everyone else across the US and around the world – Opus/MAS/Tencue has and continues to monitor the on-going spread of COVID-19 – with the health and safety of both our teams and clients as a number one priority. Opus/MAS/Tencue implemented a policy that requires all employees (with limited exceptions) to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to employment.
Posted: 41 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Salary: $200,000 - $0
Location: Beaverton, OR
Education: Bachelor Degree