Position at Opus
EXPO LEAD (FREELANCE)
Opus Agency is looking for an experienced Expo Lead to oversee all aspects of the expo event cycle. This position leads ideation and execution of creative activations, illustrates novel and adaptive thinking, and exemplifies customer service excellence. Ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to build client rapport, drive timelines, and lead cross-functional collaboration of entire expo production process.
This is a temporary employment or project-based opportunity, with potential reoccurrence.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 5+ years of experience in expo or tradeshow management
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Excel is a required skill) and Google Suite
- Highly detailed and able to multi-task with limited direction
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Professional presentation as a reflection of the Opus culture
- Execute expo details from start to finish drawing from a creative vision
- Identify best practices and drive initiatives with clients and agency
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to design expo floorplan
- Manage expo budget
- Manage preferred decorator on behalf of client, along with driving vendor relations and negotiations
- Oversight of all expo-related logistics: pre-planning, show services, marketing materials, AV production, shipping, technical services, production schedule, dock management, and onsite services
- Exhibitor Kit creation
- Manage Exhibitor Resource Center
- Collaborate with event decorator to design and execute activations on expo floor
- Create and manage timelines and event deliverables
- Create onsite documentation
- Oversee expo builds and expo signage management, including hanging signs/rigging planning
- Manage electrical and internet diagrams and orders
- Plan and manage all expo AV with the preferred supplier
- Manage all orders for overall expo areas, including furniture, accessories, cleaning, labor, food and beverage, shipping, and lead retrieval
- EAC and expo security management
- Collaborate client expo stakeholder on Rules & Guidelines and Exhibitor Services Kit Documents
Individuals will be required to sit for the majority of the day and will be required to stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 40 lbs. as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. Individuals will be required to travel via airplane, train, taxi, car and/or other means of transportation as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to areas where those areas require the use of personal protective equipment. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
This position may require air travel and overnight stays to attend events.
Opus Agency does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.