Sr. Event Manager
Position at Opus
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager – Corporate Events
Reports to: Director of Project Management
Location: Remote, Beaverton or Seattle
Employment Type: FT, Salaried, Exempt
Travel Requirements: 20%
WHO WE ARE
Opus Agencypartners with world-shaping brands like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Salesforce to catalyze movements through shared experiences. Crafted through our end-to-end capabilities and propelled from the epicenter of events, content, and community, these experiences are renowned for accelerating momentum—and success—for everyone involved.
Built across four decades, we scale excellence at the forefront of focused strategy, fearless creativity, emerging technology, and agile delivery. Today, as the flagship ofThe Opus Group, our team members are outperforming from hubs throughout the United States, in the heart of London, and around the world.
If you embody our cultural pillars—if you can bring versatility, embody optimism, elevate integrity, catalyze curiosity, and own excellence—then join us in fueling the future of brand movements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are searching for a Senior Project Manager to join our Opus team. This role will be responsible for the success of the project by ensuring stakeholders, internal teams, vendors, and additional contributors understand what is expected of them and to drive seamless execution. Senior Project Managers ensure that client needs are anticipated and exceeded by driving planning schedules, managing budgets, and implementing Opus processes to deliver unique experiences.
Must be results oriented, able to meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 5+ years of project management experience preferably within the event industry
- 2 -3 years team management experience
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year institution preferred
- Has managed complex workstreams or programs at a large scale (e.g., 1,000-10,000 attendees in person)Please specify events worked on and role in resume.
- Independently manages and supervises all components on a variety of events and experiential campaigns.
- Demonstrates leadership, expertise, management, and consultation skills when conducting business with clients, vendors and Opus team members.
- Exhibits strong critical thinking, multi-tasking, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to anticipate areas of risk and implement creative solutions.
- Effectively manages a high volume of work and consistently provides a high quality of work output.
- Meets on a regular basis with members of project team to discuss project progress, challenges, and solutions.
- Partner with financial manager to accurately manage budgets, obtains written client approval and maintains timely updates. preventing budget overruns and increasing client expenditure awareness.
- Maintains independent working relationships and establishes excellent customer service with clients and vendors.
- Negotiates with vendors to achieve higher caliber service and/or costs savings on behalf of client.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Opus best practices and overall agency operations.
- Actively participates and contributes to department meetings, trainings, initiatives, and committees.
- Able to effectively prioritize and delegate to staff above and below this position.
- Maintains clear communication with manager and/or client, regarding special problems or exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Shows a growing sense of business acumen
- Train and mentor junior members of the team.
- Understanding of event cycles
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Relationship builder
- Project / Task Management
- Autonomy / Self-Direction
- Team focused motivator
- Professional written & verbal communication
- Microsoft Office & Google suite program experience
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Cross-functional team / agency awareness
- Delivering seamless execution
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills, email & memo writing
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously
- Successfully perform in high stress, fast-paced environment
- Accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with other employees, vendors, and clients
- Portray professional presence through superior communication, presentation, promptness, and appearance
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full time position
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Health & Dental Insurance (choice of plans)
- 100% Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Opportunity to elect additional life insurance and LTD insurance at employee expense
- Paid parental leave
- Opportunity to contribute pre-tax dollars to flexible spending accounts
- 401(K) with employer match
- Flexibility in work schedules
- Generous time off
Individuals will be required to sit for the majority of the day and will be required to stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. Individuals will be required to travel via airplane, train, taxi, car and/or other means of transportation as needed.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.”
Like everyone else across the US and around the world – Opus/MAS/Tencue has and continues to monitor the on-going spread of COVID-19 – with the health and safety of both our teams and clients as a number one priority. Opus/MAS/Tencue implemented a policy that requires all employees (with limited exceptions) to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to employment.
OTHER DUTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee/ candidate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Opus Agency does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted: 28 Days Ago
Size: Mid-size (51-499)
Location: Beaverton, OR
Education: Bachelor Degree