Sparkloft Media is a social-first (even the introverts) creative agency. We believe Social has the power to break down barriers and connect people all over the world to share passions, beliefs and incite change. We make creative that sparks two-way conversations because we want audiences that speak back. We feed the content hungry machines that drive the demand of today’s advertising through innovative and transformative creative.
With offices in Portland, Atlanta, Miami and DC and clients across the US and the globe, we bring diverse thinking and cultural perspectives to all that we do.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager that will make sure our campaigns deliver quality content, on time and on budget.
Primary Job Description:
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring projects are managed according to scope, budget and timeline and exceed clients’ expectations. A major responsibility with this role will include assisting with resourcing to ensure full utilization of team to and secure profitability
To be successful as a Project Manager you will need to:
• Be self motivated and have a strong sense of urgency
• Have exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to create and manage project timelines and budget while proactively addressing client changes and demands
• High degree of computer literacy, enabling you to learn new software and tools quickly
• Ability to effectively partner with internal teams and external clients
• A bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3-5 years of creative project management experience is required for consideration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
• Perform project administration tasks like creating and maintaining project status, schedules, resourcing, budget management, and reporting; ensure quality control and final review of deliverables; determine and monitor resource requirements and issues
• Communicate, document and manage project risks; document changes in scope that will impact budget and/or timeline; flag decisions that need to be made, and by when
• Plan and facilitate appropriate meetings for projects throughout all phases: planning, reviews, status
• Manage collaborative account, strategy, creative, and production teams and outside vendors to help ensure that all work achieves an outcome that exceeds client expectations within the project budget while keeping agency profitability a top priority
• Partner with project leads to evaluate outcomes and highlight insights at project closeout
• Make recommendations for process improvements and changes so that we continue to learn and improve operational efficiencies.
• Plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously within approved timelines
• Review budget burndown and estimated costs to complete weekly
Experience and other Skill Requirements:
• BA/BS Degree
• At least 3-5 years of experience (digital / content / social media project management preferred)
• Strong understanding of digital marketing and social media, incl. social media analytics
• Demonstrates strong and effective project management and problem solving skills
• Solid knowledge of project management tools
• Ability to solve complex problems requiring independent thinking
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of staff on cross-functional teams including creative, technical and business development
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute overlapping assignments
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, interpersonal and multitasking skills
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and meet absolute deadlines while exceeding client and team expectation
This position has no supervisory responsibility. Project Managers are responsible for mentoring and training other team members on project management processes and best practices.
Requirements for all Sparkloft Media Positions:
• Care more: exceptional customer service skills
• Curiosity: a high level of interest in constantly learning new things
• Problem solving: ability to identify and understand problems and willingness to solve them
• Sensitivity: a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients and the Sparkloft Media business
• A global perspective and understanding of different cultures (ideally obtained through lots of travel)
• The absolute willingness to occasionally work nights, weekends or holidays (social media never sleeps)